Monday, September 25, 2006

Korea Burger Hunt!



OK since pretty much all of you who visit this blog come by way of the Hawaii K-Drama Fans Board, I should be posting something Korea related. Well here it is, sort of...

A guest blogger by the name of Dram_man has a cool running series of reviews called "Korea Burger Hunt" on The Marmot's Hole, an excellent English language blog on current events in Korea. He said he was inspired by another blog dedicated to hamburgers and wanted to see if you could get a good old fashioned American hamburger in Korea. I think he only started earlier this month and he already has seven reviews as of 09/25!

I am posting links here because it seems that the search on The Marmot's Hole only reveals the last three reviews (at least when I search under "Korean Burger Hunt" or "Burger Hunt"). Anyway here they are, from oldest to newest:

Intro

Kraze Burger

Homemade Burger

Navy Club

Nashvilles

Thunder Burger

Smokeys Saloon

New Phillies

Great reviews and comments from expats living in Korea as well who helped in the hunt and gave other interesting info as well. I will add links if it keeps going!

2 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Midweek reviewed hamburgers and even did a second part due to readers asking why their favorite spots weren't reviewed.

Don't really care for hamburgers so my opinion doesn't go far: W&M on Waialae Avenue is the best deal, their french fries are good too. Teddy's Bigger Burgers was just ok, wasn't impressed. Everyone said the burgers at Ruby Tuesday was good, Tried the Bacon with Pepperjack cheese and it was so-so. Ok that's the only hamburger places I've tried but if you want the best naeng-myun try YuChun on Kapiolani located under the taekwondo dojang.

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger TChahng said...

I know, I know... late to the party...

I usually go to the Navy Club on the Main Post on Yongsan US Army Garrison if I want to eat a good burger and always get the "Battleship." I work on the South Post and the other place that serves a burger, "Commisky's" has less meat. Been to Kraze Burger but it cannot compare with the "Battleship." It always fills me up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home